c40 PoCo Cycle Loop 25k
Add 10k for Minnekhada Regional Park and 3.7k for Colony Farm Regional Park side trip.
Orange trac - the PoCo Traboulay Trail
Magenta tracks - Options
Bridge over the Coquitlam River in Colony Farm Regional Park
- KML/KMZ files can be opened in Google Earth, and many smartphone apps.
- GPX files can be opened by most GPS software apps when KMZ cannot. Note, GPX files do not contain custom colours and icons that we use on our maps; all tracks and icons will appear the same colours and styles. We recommend using KMZ instead when possible.
- GPX-Garmin are GPX files that we have optimized for older Garmin units that only display tracks that contain 500 points or less (such as Garmin eTrex units).
Visit our GPS & Navigation page for instructions of how to use your smartphone as a GPS device (even when outside of data coverage) or how to import data to your Garmin unit.
About the Journey:
The PoCo Trail, better known as the PoCo Traboulay Trail, makes for a truly enjoyable easy cycle that follows the Coquitlam River, the Pitt River, and Hyde Creek with a number of dense forest intervals. Taking in the loop to Minnekhada is highly recommended keeping in mind that there are frequent sightings and encounters with bears requiring you to have an awareness of how to deal with bears and you will need to walk your bike on a 1k walking trail in the park. The main loop takes about 2.5 hours and is basically flat.
Two Regional Parks
- Colony Farm Regional Park
- Minnekada Regional Park
Two Major Rivers joining the Fraser River with their associated greenways
- Coquitlam River
- Pitt River
Many local parks
- Lafarge Lake Town Centre Park
- Gates Park
- Citadel Landing
- Peace Park
- Hyde Creek Park
- Willingdon Park