Trails BC Membership & Donation Information
Calling All Trail-Minded Enthusiasts
ADD YOUR VOICE TO TRAILS BCS TO ADVOCATE FOR RECREATIONAL TRAILS!
Many of our trails are being built upon, paved over, and bulldozed under!
Together we can effectively protect what we have and build a great network of British Columbia recreational trails!
- Expand, sustain and preserve the existing provincial trail network.
We have the mandate to assemble the British Columbia section of the Trans Canada Trail.
- Preserve natural, historic, and developed trails in B.C.
- Promote the building and connecting of trails for recreational use.
- Accept and acquire materials and labor and raise funds for trail related projects.
- Promote safety, courtesy and environmental awareness while using B.C. trails.
- Seek formal designation of B.C. trail right-of-ways.
- Accept and/or acquire land for development of trail use.
As a member you
- Support Trails BC in its efforts to facilitate and advocate for trail preservation and construction in B.C.
- Help us carry out our obligations in the building of the Trans Canada Trail (TCT) across B.C.
- Have voting rights at any of our meetings and you have the right to run for any position that becomes available.
- Are positioned to report to us about any trails in your area of B.C.
- Will receive information about our activities and our progress with the TCT.
- Can become involved as needed in activities that entail trail building, maintenance, promotion, administration, etc.
(See the Trails Society of BC Bylaws for details.)
- Individual Membership
To be a member, an individual must be at least 14 years of age.
Individual Members in good standing have the right to hold office and vote at meetings.
The Individual Membership fee is $25.00.
- Group Membership
This category is open to non-profit organizations that support the objectives of Trails BC.
The Group Membership fee is $100.00.
- Associate Membership
This category is open to individuals, commercial enterprises and other agencies that benefit from the Trans Canada Trail and/or support the objectives of Trails BC.
The Associate Membership fee is $100.00.
Trails BC is a non-government, not-for-profit registered society under the BC Society Act.
Trails BC is also a Federally-registered charity and can issue tax-deductible receipts for all donations.
Your donations are used for the development and administration of the Trans Canada Trail and related trails in British Columbia.