c36 Burnaby New Westminster Cycle Loop 36.5k
orange track - Main routing
magenta tracks - extensions, connections, and alternate allowing to break it up into smaller loops
Tall Tin Soldier at Westminster Quay
- KML/KMZ files can be opened in Google Earth, and many smartphone apps.
- GPX files can be opened by most GPS software apps when KMZ cannot. Note, GPX files do not contain custom colours and icons that we use on our maps; all tracks and icons will appear the same colours and styles. We recommend using KMZ instead when possible.
- GPX-Garmin are GPX files that we have optimized for older Garmin units that only display tracks that contain 500 points or less (such as Garmin eTrex units).
Visit our GPS & Navigation page for instructions of how to use your smartphone as a GPS device (even when outside of data coverage) or how to import data to your Garmin unit.
About the Journey:
If you are looking to cycle over a variety of terrain while enjoy many distinct location this is for you. Expect several downhills and uphills thus making it more suitable for intermediate level cyclists. Allow 4 to 5 hours with stops along the way. The 28 to 41 km alllows for options along the way.
Main Features startng from Production Way Station going clockwise
- Brunette River Greenway
- Humes Park
- Saperton with all its amenities and restaurants
Columbia St. Greenway with options
- +3.2 km. Saperton Landing Park Greenway
- +2.2 km Glenbrook Ravine and Queens Park (involves climbing)
- Westminster Pier Park
- Westminster Quay - with amenities and restaurants
- BC Parkway out of New Westminster and in Burnaby
- Burnaby Foreshore Park and Greenway (can be skipped -8 km)
- BC Parkway towards Metrotown
- Byrne Creek Trail
- Deer Lake
- Burnaby Lake South Shore